Monday 18 March 2013

Laziness took over - apologies.

Apologies for not writing anything for a few days there. After Arsenal were dumped out of the Champion's League by Bayern Munich the week went off the rails but I'm back and clear headed now.

I will make a formal post later today but wanted to link to an article that I found written by Mr. Shandler on Mike Trout. I thought about writing my own bit on why Trout is someone to avoid based on their price tag but who am I kidding? Shandler does it better.

Here's the link http://www.baseballhq.com/content/fanalytics-12-reasons-not-draft-mike-trout

The other thing that I wanted to pass on and should have heeded myself is NEVER DRAFT A DREW. This should have been abundantly clear to me from watching JD Drew for years prove that human beings can indeed be made of glass and I don't really blame Stephen Drew for getting hit in the head but bad things just seem to follow those Drews around. Stephen Drew is my starting shortstop and while I did not expect him to move mountains this year I thought he'd provide a reasonable return on my modest $6 investment. Now I can be quite reactionary and perhaps he'll be fine but concussions and baseball have a habit of lingering. Just ask Justin Morneau.


No comments:

Post a Comment